HSAs can be very powerful investment tools. In order to make the most of yours, keep in mind these pointers: – Determine how much you can afford to invest. – Set goals for how much you want to save. – Consider your options regarding your age, funds, and other factors.
Incentivize Smoking Cessation
As an employer offering a health plan, it’s in your best interest to encourage employees to stop smoking, and winter is the perfect time. Smokers have a higher risk of getting frostbite than non-smokers, due to their blood vessels not expanding fast enough to warm cold extremities. Consider helping your employees stop smoking by:
- Making your company property smoke-free.
- Ensuring that your health plan offers tobacco cessation benefits.
- Encouraging your employees to take Health Risk Appraisals.
- Offer incentives to quit smoking.
- Offer education and support for tobacco cessation.