Last week, we were happy to clean out the office while also helping a good cause. All metal was donated to the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School’s scrap metal drive.
Incentivize Smoking Cessation
As an employer offering a health plan, it’s in your best interest to encourage employees to stop smoking, and winter is the perfect time. Smokers have a higher risk of getting frostbite than non-smokers, due to their blood vessels not expanding fast enough to warm cold extremities. Consider helping your employees stop smoking by:
- Making your company property smoke-free.
- Ensuring that your health plan offers tobacco cessation benefits.
- Encouraging your employees to take Health Risk Appraisals.
- Offer incentives to quit smoking.
- Offer education and support for tobacco cessation.