When it comes to navigating the world of employee benefits, there’s a lot to take in, especially if you’re a first timer. Among the suite of benefits you’re likely to be offered, voluntary benefits are often misunderstood. What are Some Examples of Voluntary Benefits? Voluntary benefits include a variety of options, all designed to...
Incentivize Smoking Cessation
As an employer offering a health plan, it’s in your best interest to encourage employees to stop smoking, and winter is the perfect time. Smokers have a higher risk of getting frostbite than non-smokers, due to their blood vessels not expanding fast enough to warm cold extremities. Consider helping your employees stop smoking by:
- Making your company property smoke-free.
- Ensuring that your health plan offers tobacco cessation benefits.
- Encouraging your employees to take Health Risk Appraisals.
- Offer incentives to quit smoking.
- Offer education and support for tobacco cessation.