Did you see us earlier this month at the Iowa Employment Conference at Prairie Meadows in Altoona? Advantage Administrators and Fortress Benefits were sponsors at the event!
Incentivize Smoking Cessation
As an employer offering a health plan, it’s in your best interest to encourage employees to stop smoking, and winter is the perfect time. Smokers have a higher risk of getting frostbite than non-smokers, due to their blood vessels not expanding fast enough to warm cold extremities. Consider helping your employees stop smoking by:
- Making your company property smoke-free.
- Ensuring that your health plan offers tobacco cessation benefits.
- Encouraging your employees to take Health Risk Appraisals.
- Offer incentives to quit smoking.
- Offer education and support for tobacco cessation.