An everchanging world can present new and unexpected challenges. Today more than ever, job seekers have more opportunities for flexible work environments and schedules. In the past, employees would often work a traditional 9-5 job Monday through Friday. But today, individuals are looking for job flexibility whether that be freedom to work whenever and wherever...
Back to School Savings With an HSA and FSA
It’s that time of year again. School is back in session. Getting ready for school can be a stressful and expensive time of year. Did you know that your health savings account (HSA) and flexible spending account (FSA) can cover some of the costs associated with going back to school?
Money in your FSA and HSA can be used for:
- Thermometers- It is a good idea to get a new thermometer each year to make sure it is accurate.
- Sunscreen- Lip balm and sunblock with SPF of 15+ is eligible
- Eye Exams/Glasses/Sunglasses- It is important to go for routine eye exams to monitor any conditions and determine if a new prescription is needed. Eye exams, glasses, contacts and sunglasses can all be paid for.
- Vaccinations- Immunizations needed are covered
- Physical Exams- Does your child need a school or sports physical to make sure they are in tip top shape?
- Over the Counter Medication- Cold and flu medicine, pain relief, etc.
- Allergy Tests- Find out what your children are allergic to
- First Aid Supplies- Bandages, gauze, cold pack, etc.
The information in this blog post is for educational purposes only. It is not investment, legal or tax advice. For legal or tax advice, you should consult your own counsel. To stay up to date on benefits trends and insights, subscribe to our blog.