Rod loves working at Advantage Administrators because he gets to help people.
HSA Tax Time Tips
Those with an HSA have to take a few additional steps when filing taxes. Follow our checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything.
If you have an HSA, before you file taxes:
- Check your payroll contributions on your W-2.
- If you added funds, collect your 5498-SA form for contributions.
- If you spent funds, collect your 1099-SA form for distributions.
- Use Form 8889 to report contributions and distributions.
- Fill out Form 1040 using Form 8889.
- Make sure to complete additional HSA contributions before April 1.